Hello, I'm Alastair Johnston.
Here is how I prefer to keep in touch, and why:
- My favourite way to converse is email.
- I mainly write on my website. To see what I'm focussing on, I have a now page.
- I only use Twitter to share updates on my blog, ephemera and to make initial contact with interesting people. (Edit Nov 22) Since all the latest shenanigans over there though, I am moving more towards Mastadon which is a nicer place to be.
- I dislike LinkedIn as a platform, but use it to connect with work colleagues, and to keep an eye on the job market. I don't use it for ongoing communication, I'd rather email.
- I do use Instagram, but only on occasion, to connect with close friends and colleagues.
- I do not use Facebook.
This is an example of a Hello page. If you would like to make your own, to encourage better communication, and share it with me, I would be grateful.